Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2021, 08:12 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Some filters have arrived

Whilst in hospital a package arrived from Bintel which contained the long awaited filters and filter draw ..

How I looked forward to getting home to open the box and see if I could fit together an optical chain... it's hard for folk to understand the weakness I cope with but this gives you an idea...

.the box was sitting at the end of my bed but after having my meds, and a sustigen breakfast and five minutes on my guitar , which I missed like you could not believe, I just could not get it together open the box and screw stuff together...I did so at about 7 PM..and I now have the correct size draw and tubes.
We only have RBGL no HaOS yet which is ironic considering that I bought a zwo2600 one shot colour as well as the ZWO 2600 mono...

However I hope the HA Paul (Bluester) gave me may work...of course even being at the scope for 30 minutes may be beyond me for a while but at least now there is something to trial with...

I would like to extend a very very special thanks to John (John Mills) from Bintel for always taking my calls asking "are they there yet" and his extraordinary patience and comparison.

He and the other poor devils at Bintel are doing it tuff, as are many, just working, just in the back room going home to sleep with no outings... get up and back to work in the back room...fielding folk like me.

John you are a Champion thank you.

So as you can see I am indeed the luckiest man on the planet ... escaping death twice in two weeks and being very fortunate to have finally decided that you cant take it all with you..

Alex