Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-05-2024, 08:54 AM
glend (Glen)

I seem to recall that Chocolate Crackles were made with Copa, that blood vessel lining sludge, as it's binding agent. Definitely not Heart Foundation approved.
Old 28-05-2024, 02:11 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Chocolate Crackles.... Oh yes back in the day Mmmmmmmm and on a related subject Polly Waffles are back. Well in mini bite type form at Coles as I've just discovered. Off to Coles later today to test them out.

Best
JA
WOW... How far the mighty have fallen. I tried the Polly Waffle Bites I mentioned and have to sadly report that they are not even a shadow of their former selves, The Polly Waffle bar.The marshmallow inside is closer to chewing gum than it is to the soft marshmallow that I recall and the chocolate and wafer outer.... meh !
It's also from a different manufacturer. They were so ORDINARY I returned the 3 packets I'd purchased to Coles, having only tried a couple of bites from one pack.

Sorry.

Best
JA
Old 28-05-2024, 03:34 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have been put on a tube of honey and nothing else...so somehow your news is the best I can get
Old 28-05-2024, 03:54 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I have been put on a tube of honey and nothing else...so somehow your news is the best I can get
Hehehehehhee

BTW ... To overcome the State Security Apparatus, I can always ship to you via post (if you don't mind potentially being disappointed compared with the original Polly Waffle ~15 years ago)

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 28-05-2024 at 06:26 PM.
Old 28-05-2024, 08:44 PM
alpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
I'm doing OK thanks Alex.

Just to follow up on my comments regarding military interventions....In exchange for Ukraine giving up its Nukes, the U.S. and the U.K. guaranteed Ukraine's security in a 1994 agreement known as the Budapest Memorandum.

When push comes to shove, treaties are just bits of paper after all.

Yes Peter,
all words that in the end meant nothing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum

Allan
Old 29-05-2024, 09:11 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Hehehehehhee

BTW ... To overcome the State Security Apparatus, I can always ship to you via post (if you don't mind potentially being disappointed compared with the original Polly Waffle ~15 years ago)

Best
JA
I must go on...and I will...

I came up with Drambuie to ease the mouth issues..sores that like paper cuts..where ever yhere is one to annoy....oh what relief..better than morphine..but this morning I made l parts drambuie and 1 part iced milk...I could have cried the relief....so so happy...

AND a note from the Post Office..a patcel

But Sandy was going some place...to morrow she says..I am going in today I says..she stormed out saying I can't drive etc...

She is probably just worried I will buy sweets is all...yes that's it...I won't buy sweets and everything will be OK...

alex
Old 29-05-2024, 04:44 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Far far better than I could imagine...

Perfect plus some.

al3x
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20240529_104101_resize_53.jpg)
82.3 KB22 views
Old 29-05-2024, 06:49 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

That looks like a nice bit of gear Alex. How long have you been playing?
Funny thing, for many decades many of my best friends were professional musicians including the son of the late Jimmy McFarlane (and his son) and so many people have offered to teach me to play over the years and I still couldn't play a chord if my life depended on it. The promised lessons just never happened.
I played keyboard when I was young teen till late teens, now I can't even read music.
I also had a nice steel back guitar, funny looking little rectangular thing I was taking lessons for from a professional teacher (I worked then), I probably still have the steel slide here somewhere and little practice amplifier but te guitar got stolen back in 91 when we got robbed, over $10,000 worth of equipment gone in a flash with no insurance. I swore then if anyone ever kicked the door of my house in again and I caught them I'd break their back so they never kicked another door in again. The ex wife and I lost so much stuff which was valuable to us.
Old 29-05-2024, 06:52 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have been playing for a while but I am just a mug...

alex