Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2024, 09:22 PM
Saturn488

I got a Manfrotto Element MII purely for travelling. No complaints.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:13 PM
Plossl68 (Paul)

I took a good look at Artcise and thought it was just too good to be true at the price. Would love to know what you think if you buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRAW View Post
I’ve been reading lots of good things about the Artcise. There is the CS travel range or the slightly heavier AS which I’m considering.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:18 PM
Plossl68 (Paul)

Well, the Benro Tortoise arrived and it’s a beautiful piece of kit. Super lightweight. So light in fact that I’ll certainly weight it (built in hook supplied) when using it in the field. I’ve set it up with the SkyGuider at home and it all hangs together well. Now, we just need some clear skies.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:23 PM
NCRAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plossl68 View Post
I took a good look at Artcise and thought it was just too good to be true at the price. Would love to know what you think if you buy.
A gentleman on cloudy nights bought the AS90C earlier this year and he loves it. Says its rock solid and highly recommends it. I am waiting on a sale to get the AS95C. That's their flagship with 40KG max load and 2.7kg weight I believe.

Thinking of either using an old Vixen Custom D I have in storage or buy a Sightron which has the 3/8" female.
Old 07-06-2024, 07:30 AM
Plossl68 (Paul)

Yes the 90 and 95C are serious tripods…closer to 4.5kg though I thought, which ruled them out for my ultralight rig. TBH, they look a lot like the TC40 I bought a year ago which is about that weight. It’s very stable for light rigs, but was just too bulky to backpack around 😢

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRAW View Post
A gentleman on cloudy nights bought the AS90C earlier this year and he loves it. Says its rock solid and highly recommends it. I am waiting on a sale to get the AS95C. That's their flagship with 40KG max load and 2.7kg weight I believe.

Thinking of either using an old Vixen Custom D I have in storage or buy a Sightron which has the 3/8" female.
Old 09-06-2024, 12:40 AM
NCRAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plossl68 View Post
Yes the 90 and 95C are serious tripods…closer to 4.5kg though I thought, which ruled them out for my ultralight rig. TBH, they look a lot like the TC40 I bought a year ago which is about that weight. It’s very stable for light rigs, but was just too bulky to backpack around 😢
This does sound like what I want. Something for home and move it to the back yard or verandah then fold away.

Have a look at the C range from Artcise. They are the Compact ones designed for travel. I believe this is a C90