PDA

View Full Version here: : How should i use the WI Fi 4G

leon
07-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi guys, firstly a big thank you to the people that assisted me with suggestions about setting up a new wifi internet service.

I do however have one question, and it is this.

I am now using a Bigpond Mobile WI-Fi 4 G unit and i have to say it is super fast and works just fine.

It has a battery in the unit, which enables us to use it that way and charge it up when it gets low, plus a charging cable and plug.

Is it ok to have it plugged into the power point all the time while we are stationary our should i use it with battery mode and recharge when necessary, the battery lasts about 6 hours of use and 100 hours on stand by.

Thanks for you responses in advance

Leon :thumbsup:

Larryp
07-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I just leave mine permanently plugged into a USB port to keep it charged-my computers don't go anywhere anyway.

leon
07-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks Laurie. i just edited my thread, i meant to say is it ok to leave plugged into the power point with the charger full time.

Leon

Larryp
07-09-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't know, Leon, but I don't see why not. These chargers all stop charging once the battery is fully charged. It would not be any different to me leaving mine permanently plugged into a USB.

leon
07-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Good point Laurie, the booklet that comes with it has no mention of it, so i presume if it was not a good idea, it would be mentioned

Leon

mithrandir
07-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Leon, leaving battery powered devices permanently connected to the charger kills the battery. You should run it down to less than 50% from time to time, but not flat. Say every couple of weeks.

I have several Lithium batteries that won't hold anything like the stated charge, even after doing the recommended flatten/fully recharge cycle several times.

Larryp
07-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi Andrew
With my unit, it is only connected to the USB when I am using the computer, and then it may not be used for a couple of days. So the battery would be discharging a bit between uses. As Leon says, there is nothing in the instructions about this question.

leon
08-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for your response guys. I will just use some common sense and alternate the charging and discharging of the unit.

Leon