PDA

View Full Version here: : CCDStack temporary folders

multiweb
02-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Did a bit of housecleaning on my two PCs, specifically cleaning the boot drives of all those pesky log files that grow out of proportions and temp files. For those of you using CCDStack you might want to check the location of the cache and temporay folders in your program settings as it defaults to a location in 'Document and Settings' on win32. I found a bit over 800MB of txt files, I assume generated by working on the stacks. I feel much lighter now :)

Dennis
02-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up Marc. I just had a look at mine and it was empty, although I haven’t used CCDStack extensively and certainly not recently. But, I will keep an eye on the Folder now.

Cheers

Dennis

Bassnut
02-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Holly cow, mine is 3.2 gigs :P.

You sure you can just delete em ?.

multiweb
02-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Yep - delete them all and redirect the cache to something like D:\temp that you can easily clean. All these are text files with the same name as the FITs in the stack. I have a feeling they're the files used to pain the subs when doing data rejection in the stacks.

marki
02-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for that Marc, I noticed Maxim also setup a temp folder in the same directory, only a 64MB temp file though:question:.

Mark

multiweb
02-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Yep - sounds like this directory is the trash for about just every program. Just found a 1GB TVdebug.log generated by Zonealarm Pro firewall. Unbelievable :lol: Btw anybody knows how to clean all those $NtUninstallKB* in the windows directory? I understand they're needed in case of rollback but I don't think I'll ever need to go back to SP1 and I have stacks of those files. There sure must be some that can be purged?

Paul Haese
08-06-2010, 07:53 PM
It defaulted to my documents for me but had 1.3 gig in it. Like I said it had 1.3 gig in it. Good tip Marc.