View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
bartman (Bart)
1 of 7 of 9

Collabrative combining of raw data from fellow IIS'ers

After seeing the fantastic images from Paul H, Martin P and John (dvj) of the Helix Neb, it got me thinking that all of you have huge amounts of data at various levels ( OIII, Ha, SII etc).

Could the three of you not exchange your data and use that to make one heck of a pic?????

Or, in the same train of thought.... other ISS'ers could start a thread and ask for contributors to start a project on a particular object? ( ie one does 25 hrs of Ha data, the other does 25 of OIII etc etc
OR......... one does 12 hrs of Ha data, another one also does 12hrs of Ha , another 12 hrs of OIII and another 12 hrs of OIII from another etc)
Does that make sense????

I realise that we all have different scopes and equipment, but I remember somewhere that two different scopes were used to make an image of the same object ( think it was M42, cant remember where i saw it....).
I understand that each individual has their own artistic twist on their pic......but that cant stop you using the data and still use your own Processing skills? Right?

So I guess my question is : Is this a feasible project?

Bartman

Last edited by bartman; 12-10-2012 at 10:54 AM.