View Single Post
Old 29-04-2011, 05:24 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Exclamation IISAC2011: IceInSpace AstroCamp 2011 - 27th to 30th October 2011

Hi all

IISAC2011 is getting closer, just over 4 months away now and the event is starting to come together.

The booking form is not yet live, but more information is available on the IISAC2011 Info Page so you can start to plan your journey and time at the camp.

The list of guest speakers is included, as well as a daytime kids and beginners workshop. The full programme will be available soon.

Costs are also now on the info page. Unfortunately it has been necessary to raise costs this year due to increasing costs of organising and running the camp. I have left the child registration price unchanged to encourage people to bring their families.

I'm sure you'll find the camp is still very affordable - as an example:
  • If you come alone, camp for 3 nights, you'll pay $111.00
  • If you come with your family (2 adults and 1 or more kids), and camp for 3 nights, you'll pay $196
  • If you come alone, stay in a bunkbed for 3 nights, you'll pay $96.00
  • If you bring your family (2 adults and 1 or more kids), and stay in the bunkhouse, you'll pay $253.00

Those prices exclude dinner and t-shirts of course, which can be purchased as additional add-ons. T-shirts remain at the low price of $20.00 each and Dinner remains at the low price of $15.00 per head for adults (kids eat free!).

Note: Bunkbed accommodation isn't for everyone and of course there's limited spots available.

I'm sure you'll agree that's still very affordable for 3 nights away, listening to guest speakers and enjoying the great company at a star party. Especially considering how much we spend on equipment in this hobby!

Don't forget also that there's the early-bird registration discount, which is $15 off the total price if you register before 20th September 2011.

The booking form will be online in the next few weeks.

Last edited by iceman; 10-06-2011 at 02:52 PM.