PDA

View Full Version here: : Another Alignmaster Question.

peeb61
10-11-2012, 07:39 AM
After reading the reviews on here and the web about Alignmaster I have decided to give the free trial a go just to see how close my polar alignment is.

I'm going to use my DSI and PHD on my EQ6 along with EQMod to perform the tests. But the problem is PHD, when using the bullseye overlay with the DSI, there is an overscan area at the bottom of the captured images thus making the bullseye not lining up centrally?

Please see attached. (This screen grab was captured during the day)

Is there another way around this??

Many thanks
Paul

peeb61
10-11-2012, 08:03 AM
I think I may have found the solution thanks to Mike S for pointing it out and David Lloyd-Jones for putting it all together.

I will give Dave's Crosshairs a whirl. (I have just seen Al's as well, so many to choose from now.)

Paul

Peter.M
10-11-2012, 09:40 AM
That is not an issue at all, As long as the crosshairs stay on the same spot all the time. The alignmaster software simply wants the stars to be placed on the same spot multiple times, the position of that place can be anywhere on the image.

peeb61
10-11-2012, 10:16 AM
AAAhhh Gotcha Peter! So placing the star dead center in the crosshairs regardless it's not critical as long it's the same spot on all accounts?

Thanks for getting back to so quick.
Much appreciated.

Paul