PDA

View Full Version here: : New Ipad help please

leon
28-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi Guys we bought a new ipad today and turned it on set the language etc, and then it asked to set the wifi connection that we have.

Clicked that and then it just sits there and seems to be searching forever and wont go any further.

As there is no booklet with these, is there any site i can go to and go through the steps, or can anyone suggest what i should do.

It is all pretty new to us so simple instructions would be appreciated

thanks in advance.

Leon

AG Hybrid
28-09-2012, 11:47 PM
So much for that "They just work" non-sense. I'll just check mine.

Heh! Havn't used it for so long it has no charge.

OK when I select a wireless network that it detects. It just pops up and asks for the login credentials to gain access. Maybe try rebooting the ipad and try again if this isn't working.

Make sure Wi-Fi is actually enabled on the ipad. You do this by going to to the first icon page.
Settings > Wi-Fi (it will be at the top of the list on the left). On the right will be an option of Wifi on/off slider on the top right.
Make sure that's on. Below that it will show what networks it can detect. Select your wireless network. Then it should provide a prompt with user name and password.

You can also get to that screen by going Settings > General > Network >Wi-Fi.

Otherwise the issue maybe with your wireless network.

Also, the reason why they don't get a physical booklet is because there is an electronic one on the ipad if I remember. Can't find it right now though.

Anyway, hope you can sort it out.

ourkind
29-09-2012, 01:52 AM
If Adrians advice fails do check your wireless setting as you may have static IP address for your computer/s.

Question do you have a smart phone that automatically connects to your wireless network or any other type of device eg laptops?

My wireless router is set for DHCP with a password which allows anyone to discover the network and use it so long as they know my password.

sometimes just restarting your wireless router does the trick too. Hope some of this helps.

leon
29-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Many thanks guys, I think it is something i did wrong, i laid in bed and all of a sudden it dawned on me that there was one button on the Big Pond Wireless 4G that i hadn't pressed. :rolleyes:

Leon :thumbsup:

ourkind
29-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Awesome :) good stuff!

leon
29-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks Carlos, it is all up and running and works just great.

leon

Omaroo
29-09-2012, 03:14 PM
So Adrian, they really do just seem to work...

AG Hybrid
29-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Ahh there you are. Was waiting for your response.

Anywayyyyyyyyyy. Got your new iPhone 5? Lovin it?

Omaroo
29-09-2012, 04:44 PM
LOL.. nope - Quite happy with my 4. Not out of contract until next April anyway. They'll have the 5 sorted well before then.

AG Hybrid
29-09-2012, 05:53 PM
A wise decision.

Wait a second! Did you just say they will have the 5 sorted? As in its not just working :P:rofl:

Omaroo
29-09-2012, 07:33 PM
They're humans, and not omnipotent... ;)

bartman
29-09-2012, 09:17 PM
LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

mithrandir
29-09-2012, 09:36 PM
As iOS6 maps proves.

dugnsuz
29-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Glad to hear you got it sorted out Leon.
Doug