PDA

View Full Version here: : those with macs going to the eclipse - new update for eclipse maestro

h0ughy
07-09-2012, 07:42 AM
just letting those that have this know that there is a new update for eclipse maestro - 1.8.2

downloading it now - it should work with canon 60D/60Da's now.

I know its free but this software is gold:D:thumbsup:

the donate button will be getting a hit

spacezebra
07-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi David, can you tell me a little more about what this software can do?

Cheers Petra d.

DavidTrap
07-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Basically does the equivalent of eclipse orchestrator. Controls your camera to take a sequence of photographs (that you have to program) during the eclipse. It works out from your longitude and latitude the exact time certain events will occur and times the camera appropriately.

Lets you concentrate on visual observing while the camera fires away.

DT

h0ughy
07-09-2012, 10:50 AM
i would nt say the equivalent - its far more sophisticated and integrated than that I have EO and there is no way it comes up to the standard of Eclipse Maestro. i was blown away by the fact you just plug in the garmin puck gps and then the camera - then setup all the timing s for baileys beads etc from th observation spot you are at. if you have a mac try it.:thumbsup:

unfortunatly windows users there is no version you can use except EO

bojan
07-09-2012, 11:13 AM
That's a shame.. I have troubles with EO, the commands disappear on their own from script (I suspect this is happening because the camera is not connected while the script is being developed), and in general it behaves somehow inconsistently (free version - so I am VERY reluctant to invest into pro version, and be faced with the same or worse (because there are more features) sort of issues), at least on my lap.

SETnC (http://robertnufer.ch/06_computing/setnc/SETnC_page.htm) (recently updated to support 60D, as discussed here (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=92384&page=3&highlight=SETnC)) seems to be much simpler to use, but also "feels" more reliable for what it does, which is actually quite enough for control of single camera.
One thing I noticed while playing with this software is, the script has to be generated for the particular site - the times of events in a saved script are expressed in absolute terms, and not relative to, say beginning or C2.. so one has to be careful about this, and re-develop the script when the observing site is known.
Unfortunately, I intend to use two - so I still have to solve the problem of synchronisation and what each camera is supposed to do...