PDA

View Full Version here: : SSAG and Maxim DL issues

graham.hobart
13-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Ok here is new thread. I can get my SSAG recognised by PHd so I know my drivers are there. I just can't get the SSAG recognised in Maxim DL.
When selected in the drop down menu it comes up as SSAG imaginova version 1.0 driver or something like that, then connect- and it just has error connecting with camera.
I try the ascom list and it is not on there in the advanced tab, so I have the PHD driver but not an ASCOM link. I tried to down load the new 32bit/64 bit vista drivers from the Orion site and they are .dll files which I can't open.
I know there is a mismatch here of driver vs maxim but I need guidance about which way to go next. There is a CCDsoftssag dll as well- another one I can't open.
I am using a 32 bit Vista machine.
Help much appreciated

Graz

RobF
13-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Hi Graham

Maxim now insists on the latest SSAG driver from memory. Works on 32 and 64bit systems, available from this page on right-hand side.
http://www.telescope.com/Orion-StarShoot-AutoGuider/p/99565.uts

Hope it works for you. Default Maxim driver is an older version that no longer works unfortunately.

graham.hobart
14-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Cheers Rob, did the link , was the link I was using before but last time I opened it directly, this time I saved it to the Ascom folder on my desk top. Worked anyway. Many thanks
Now to get the old Meade DSI 1 working in vista/Maxim....ummm
Graz

RobF
14-07-2012, 04:33 PM
That's good news.
No DSI help from me. Sure there are plenty of DSI gurus here somewhere though.....!