PDA

View Full Version here: : iTunes pproblems....yeah we all know it

bartman
05-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong spot, but it is more software/computer than mobile astronomy apps. Please move if needed.

So I haven't connected my iPhone to the puter for while and thought it might be a good thing to back up and whatever the new OS does.....
Clicked on iTunes icon and no response. After a while it came up but could not use anything. Could not play songs etc and could not even close it. Had to use crt+ald+del to stop the process.
Did the usual google thing and searched IIS. On the IIS thread here (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=807224#post807224) is not what is happening to me.
I have two screens and itunes moves to one side. I cant click on anything nor can I close it. Yet on the other screen I can do whatever I want.
Here is what I did with still the same result:
1:uninstalled itunes , reboot and reinstall.
2:killed one screen. no luck cause I could not get back to the desktop. the itunes screen blocked me. ( tried pull down menu as well)
3:connected, disconnected iphone - booted with and without phone connected.
4: Google is not my friend today cause all i found are mainly references to mid last years update.........unless I'm a dufus.

iPhone is iOS 5.0.1 . Puter is Vista 64bit prof. iTunes downloaded is 64bit . Firewall is off. Scarey :eyepop:.

Any ideas to fix this would be great:thumbsup:

Cheers
Bartman

Poita
06-01-2012, 01:08 AM
I didn't realise anyone was still running Vista. :)

Do you mean you have two physical monitors when you say 'two screens'

bartman
06-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Yes 2 physical screens.
Ive tried it this morning and it seemed to work!
Last thing I did was turn of AVG, but didnt reboot.
Puter must of needed a reboot after disableing AVG.....
Weired.
Thanks anyway
Bartman