PDA

View Full Version here: : Photoshop colour shift problem.

Hagar
03-07-2011, 12:20 PM
I am having a lot of trouble shrinking an image to post here on IIS. I am using Photoshop CS4 and find that the save for web interface seems tobe shifting the colour saturation and even balance when I reduce the image size.
I have included a screen grab of one imge and the shift is clearly visible.

What do you use for this process and have you noticed a similar problem?

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Is there some other software which does it better?

Octane
03-07-2011, 01:42 PM
In the Save for Web dialog, make sure you tick Convert to SRGB. :-)

H

Hagar
03-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks H but for me it is the other way. My monitor is calibrated and I use this profile for photoshop as well. My problem appeared to be the conversion to SRGB. Don't understand all this stuff but at least it works.

Thanks

jase
05-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Process images under a soft proof profile, in your case "Monitor RGB" to use the calibrated monitor profile.
Menu item - View | Proof Setup | Monitor RGB

Then to enable soft proofing;
Menu item - View | Proof Colours or hotkey 'Ctrl + Y'

This functionality will allow you to process an image without colour shifts when saving to an sRGB jpeg as you are already 'seeing' the sRGB (Monitor RGB) gamut to begin with. You can then process an image in the aRGB gamut, but to an sRGB profile. Colour management is an involved topic.

Hagar
05-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks Jase I will give that a try right now.

How have you been. I thought you had gone into hybernation for the winter or something. You've been very quiet of late.
Thanks again.

mill
05-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Doug if you use Irfanview with the riot plugin the you can set the size of the picture and the size of the file and won't get color shift.
It also has safe for web.