View Full Version here: : Windows 7 64 Bit game controller problem

vindictive666
03-06-2011, 11:20 AM
hi all

i was wondering if anyone here could maybe shed some light on this issue
iam having

i run windows 7 64 bit

have a logitech dual action usb game controller

since i have upgraded my graphic card drivers it is playing up(cant see how that effects the controller though)
trying a different usb port makes no difference

never had a hassle before this install what win 7 is saying it does not recognise the device (have before tried updating removing the gaming software(not using it now))no difference

checked device manager says it is working properly(checked the drivers no problem reported)

i pull the usb and return it and no problem playing the game however it disappears again in about 10 minutes (it is not the game itself failing the device)

rebooting is not fixing the problem

tried a other (same) controller same thing (it seems as if windows says b off after about 10 minutes)

contacting logitech no help there ?

hope someone here can give me an idea as to what may be happening ?

regards john

supernova1965
03-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I would say it is the new graphic driver causing the problem I have no idea why but I would roll back to the previous driver. I often stay with an older graphic driver as I find some effect the performance of my machine I recently had a problem when I upgraded to the latest ATI driver that the processor would always be running at around 80% so I rolled back the driver to the previous one and problem gone.

vindictive666
03-06-2011, 02:01 PM
restored older graphic drivers same result only know windows cant see the controller

regards john

supernova1965
03-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Have you googled the type of graphics card and the make of controller and the fault and what actions caused it to see if anyone else has had the same issue:question: Because if the only difference between when it worked and when it stopped is the graphics drivers I feel that must be the cause unless some hardware is failing when you said you restored older graphic drivers did you uninstall the new one from control panel add remove software

ZeroID
03-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Ah, the W7 64 bit problem. We have a few users on 64 bit and it does some weird things. Eg, if you open Word and the printer is remote it goes hunting and flashes the cursor between wait and arrow. Change it to a local printer and problem dissappears, only happens in Word. Figure that one out.
The issue is with the 64 bit OS and the 32 bit driver, they don't like each other. No known solutions unless the Game Controller manufacturer issues one which is unlikely, 64 bit is aimed at business users, not gamers.

vindictive666
03-06-2011, 02:34 PM
thanks as i said it worked before :) ?

Kal
03-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Do you have the latest software off the logitech website (http://www.logitech.com/en-au/441/5126?section=downloads&bit=&osid=14) for that product?

Title: Logitech Gaming Software
Software Version: 5.10.127
Post Date: 08/30/2010
Platform: Windows 7

vindictive666
03-06-2011, 06:16 PM
hi yes thanks

cant explain it :(

pain in the butt :)

it just seems to disappear

remove and replace the usb plug it last for about 10 minutes and goes again

regards john

supernova1965
03-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Have you tried to do a system restore to before the date it stopped working and see if that resolves the problem:question: