PDA

View Full Version here: : Photoshop CS4 install on Wn 7 machine

gregbradley
09-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I have CS2 installed on a Windows 7 64 bit I7 core laptop.

I was unable to install CS4 on this machine. It came up with the error message that some of the application did not install and to reinstall to fix. I did and same error.

Do I have to remove CS2 first? Some other parts of CS4 installed OK.

Greg.

Derek Klepp
09-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Greg although this isn't related to Photoshop I have had to install knew software for my video camera applications. In all cases the guys who wrote the software instructed to remove the previous version before installing the new one .
Derek

acropolite
09-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Greg, I have CS4 running no problems on win7 64, did you run the initial setup with the "run as administrator" option, I've found that often software won't load correctly on 7 or vista without doing that.

If you do manage to get it installed run the updates, there are a few things that don't run properly until the updates are done. It may also be worth deinstalling the cs2 first.

gregbradley
09-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks Phil.

I'll try the run as administrator and see if that works. Not sure if I right click run as administrator comes up as an option but will check it out.

Greg.

acropolite
09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Right click on the setup file, run as administrator should come up. Interestingly even though your account may have full administrator privileges it still sometimes needs to be done.

Hagar
10-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi Greg if you are installing on a 64 bit machine you should be aware that you will also automatically instal a 32 bit version as well. This may require you to insert the key for both versions and some of your plugins will only work on the 32 bit version.
The other thing which can get in the way of some installs in windows7 is UAC (User access Control) You can turn this off during the install by going to "Control Panel" " Users" "Change user account Control settings" and drop the slider all the way to the bottom (never Notify). This can be reinstated after instalation.

Good luck.

gregbradley
10-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Great. I'll try both of those suggestions and see how I go.

Cheers,

Greg.