PDA

View Full Version here: : easy bcd boot loader help

vindictive666
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
hi

as the title suggests

i installed easybcd on windows 7 and on xp pro

i thought i had it setup right

the view settings shows in the attached jpeg (have ticked win 7 since)

trouble is it still boots into xp first

if i want win 7 i have to disconnect the xp drive, hence easybcd cant find xp

can some help me out by step by step please on how to set it up ?

when i restarts bcd it cant find the g:bcd i have to manually look for it

allso my modem cant find the 64bit drivers as it isnt 64bit win 7 compatible (ouch) cant download xp mode as it would fix that problem i hope :)

regards john

Barrykgerdes
08-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Hi

I have easyBCD on my Win 7 64 bit ultimate installation with XP, DOS 7 and Linux.

It is only necessary to install it in Widows 7. Don't put it in XP as well

I have not had the problems you have. I just follow the menu instructions, nominating the default program.

If I run Win 7, that is what I get
If I run XP I get the older boot.ini menu as the next screen where I can select XP, Linux (windows installation) or DOS 7.

Barry

supernova1965
08-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Hi John
You need to repair the Windows 7 boot because if you installed XP it will have overwritted the Win 7 boot and that is why you only boot to XP so these steps will return control to Win7 and then you can configure EasyBCD.

I have attached to word documents explaining the steps you should follow after you follow these windows 7 should boot and you wont have access to XP then you use Easy BCD in windows 7 to add XP to the windows 7 boot screen.

If I haven't got your situation right please excuse me and give me more detailed info on exactly the install order of the OS's and how your system is setup.:thumbsup::D

This link may help you as well it will be the same for Win7 as well as Vista.
http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Installing+XP+After+Vista