PDA

View Full Version here: : Resize images and colour change

Hagar
03-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone, This is something I have noticed lately and when I think about my posted images, it has been an ongoing problem.

I currently use Photoshop CS4 to do much of the processing of my images. I end up with a final image in uncompressed TIFF format. I use this image with the save images for web menu item to resize and compress my image down to the arbitary 200KB size for use on the forum. I have noticed that during this process the colour balance/saturation seems to change quite noticably.

Have any of you noticed this?
What do you use to change and compress your images?
Am I doing something wrong?

Help Please.

h0ughy
03-12-2010, 09:16 PM
i drop the image to 1280 wide then i use save for web and then adjust the percentage to keep under 200kb. i dont notice ant noticable degredation

mill
03-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I use Irfanview and it works good without any change in the colours.
It has save for web and also a setting that you can use to set the file size of the jpg saved.

ballaratdragons
03-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I have always used 'Save for Web' in PhotoShop during all the years I have been posting images and I have never had any colour balance/saturation alterations happen.

I get Artifacts when I use 'Save As', but 'Save for Web' has never given me any problems.

leon
03-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Same here Ken it seems to work quite fine for me.

Leon

Octane
03-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Doug,

Reduce the image to the size you wish for it to be displayed, and then save for web.

Don't use the resizing mechanism inside the Save for Web dialog. Just use the quality slider in there.

H