PDA

View Full Version here: : Canon 350D and Windows 7 (64-bit)

scopemankit
19-09-2010, 06:53 PM
One of my friends has a 350D rebel and has changed up to Windows 7. Windows 7 does not recognise the camera. Is there any solution to this problem? Chnaging the output to "printer" as opposed to "usb" is ok for accessing the files on the camera but does not work with the Canon image acquisition. Any input?

DavidTrap
19-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Ummmmm, No. I have been through exactly the same problem...

Canon won't produce a 64-bit driver - so it will never work properly under Windows 7 64-bit. You can connect to it via PTP to download the files, but not in PC mode to "control" the camera.

The camera works via Windows XP mode (but only if you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate). However, the ShoeString USB Shutter interface doesn't work. I contacted the Shoestring fellow, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Cheers
DT

hotspur
19-09-2010, 07:55 PM
David,my wife has a new laptop it runs 'windows 7',if I 'borrow' it would I be able to use the 450D connected up to it?

The 450D works on my current lap top running XP.

Thanks for any advice.My wife does not use her computer all,its brand new sits in its case all the time,So I am looking for some ways to use it.

Might be handy in the observatory.Cheers Chris

DavidTrap
19-09-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm almost certain there are drivers for the 450, but the 350 is either too old or has some hardware issue that prevents use with Win7.

DT