PDA

View Full Version here: : So who have I been trying to kid?

Paddy
19-10-2009, 06:36 PM
At Snake Valley on the weekend, a few chaps mentioned how their wives would say "and what do you want to buy now?" when they got home. Foolishly I replied that I did not want to buy anything new, even with the dollar so good and even though I'd thought about a 17mm T4 Nagler to replace both my 24mm Panoptic and 17mm LVW. I said what good eyepieces they are and how I like their light weight etc.

So at the first decent moment after I got home on Sunday night I ordered my 17 mm T4 Nagler from Bintel. I was clearly trying to kid myself and FAILED MISERABLY!!! Now I'm excitedly awaiting delivery and having an all-82deg eyeiece collection, as it sits beside my 28mm UWAN and 13 and 9 mm Naglers. And even more eagerly anticipating my first night out with it!!

If anyone's after a 24mm Pan or 17mm LVW, keep an eye on Ice Trade, they should soon be for sale. (I will be a bit sad to see such good eps go, but I know they'll find a good home)

DavidU
19-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Thats the stuff !!!!!!!!!!
I missed seeing your scope sat night.Frost bite I think.

tnott
28-10-2009, 10:00 PM
What about an all Ethos collection next Paddy?:lol:

dpastern
28-10-2009, 10:14 PM
hahaha. Onya. You've been suckered ;-) I think I can see some more eyepieces coming your way as well.

Dave

Paddy
28-10-2009, 10:43 PM
The thought has crossed my mind, Tim. But I think I'd have to have a decent windfall to feel comfortable with that kind of expenditure. They are stunning, though.

Yes, Dave, my reptilian brain snuck that one through pretty quick and my frontal lobes just rolled over. And I am very happy. I have an all 82 tfov ep set - just a tad disturbed that one of them is not a Televue...

dpastern
28-10-2009, 10:52 PM
lol Paddy. That one should be replaced ;-)

Dave