PDA

View Full Version here: : Electronic Eyepiece

johnDa
04-09-2007, 09:10 AM
hey, has anyone heard of the Meade #902 Electronic Eyepiece?!?!?!i saw it on a video on youtube and i looks really cool and its pretty cheap..if you used it or heard of it could you tell me about it!thanks!
here is a link from meade!

http://www.telescopes.com/products/meade-902-electronic-eyepiece-super-sale-18620.html

rmcpb
04-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I have seen them advertised but never worried about them. It could work on the moon but I would doubt if you would get a good image on anything else.

Cheers

Blue Skies
13-09-2007, 09:26 PM
They are good on the moon but not much chop for anything else.

But they do a great job on the moon! Here in the west we use them at society meetings and school nights and you can get a big group of people gathered around the monitor in a social atmosphere and point to exactly what you want to show/explain on the monitor and none of this to-ing anf fro-ing that used to go on and not be sure what you should be seeing. We often wonder how we used to get on without them. Yes they are cheap but they can be fun.

luckystar
22-09-2007, 06:07 PM
John,
I bought a new Meade #902 a few days ago on Ebay. Just put 'electronic eyepiece ' in the search field. It cost $US42.99, with $US20 postage. This translated to almost $AUS80 on Paypal.

There are cheaper available.

Steve williams