PDA

View Full Version here: : We needed more rain so...

wavelandscott
16-08-2007, 01:06 PM
We needed more rain so I decided to do my part and make an astronomical purchase.

Of course the box arrived this morning along with the rain...works almost every time!

I am now the proud owner of a set of Denkmeier 14 mm eyepieces to use in my binoviewer. I already had a pair of the 21 mm Denkmeier eyepieces and I have grown very fond of them so I decided what the heck and placed the order.

I ordered them through Frontier Optics and recieved them this morning.

Based on the weather it will most likely be a few days before they will see a first light.

Build quality is very nice as expected...I did order them with the now optional "vaults"...since the vaults were standard when I made my original 21 mm purchase I wanted to get them to complete the set.

Hope everyone can make good use of the rain!

Cheers...

astropolak
16-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Good stuff ...
Hope you bring them to Kulnura so we can have a good look through them....I may even let you put them in my Denk...;)

Joe

CoombellKid
16-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I've finish my shed now, so it can rain like hell for all I care : ) it would be
very much appreciated

Oh yeah! enjoy your new purchase

regards,CS

tempestwizz
17-08-2007, 12:02 AM
No rain in Canberra over the daylight hours of the weekend please - I am building my back-yard observatory. (Erstwhile it can bucket down.)

CoombellKid
17-08-2007, 12:37 AM
You'll be fine mate! its when you finish it and want to use it, then it'll bucket
down for days :lol: :whistle:

regards,CS

Glenhuon
18-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Coombellkid has it right. I just took delivery of a new mount and some bits and pieces for imaging, hasn't cleared since. Total cloud cover and rain this morning in Coota. :(

ausastronomer
20-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

Told you they were crackers and you would end up buying the 14mm's to go with the 21's :poke:

Enjoy !!

Cheers
John B

wavelandscott
20-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I believe that the amount of rain that we have received in Sydney this weekend is proportional to the quality of this eyepiece purchase!

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to really use them other than a quick "out of the box" look over...Oh well, we will get a claer night again sometime!

wavelandscott
26-08-2007, 09:18 PM
I got a chance to get the binoviewers out tonight with the ED80 and try out the new 14 mm Denkmeier eyepieces...they are quite nice and work real well in the bino...I only had about an hour so I kept to the moon...I could have sat there and stared for hours...

I am replacing a pair of 15 mm TV plossls with the new Denks...and while the TV plossls are nice to use (sharp and clear), the 14 mm Denks are clearly a step up...the improved eye relief (which took a few minutes to get used to) and the increased field of view were spectacular on the moon. They are razor sharp as I let the moon drift across the field of view. I thought the 21 Denks where good (and they are) and I do kinda like the funky "batwing" rubber guard at the top of the eyepieces too...

But gee whiz I think these might be a touch better than the 21s. They are not cheap but if you are looking for something around the 14 mm range you should take a look at these eyepieces...they are the real deal!