PDA

View Full Version here: : Dso Browser

pjphilli
04-10-2018, 11:08 AM
I notice from Google that the "dso browser" was introduced to Ice in Space on this forum a couple of years ago and it appeared to receive enthusiastic support. I have recently joined dso browser and have been looking through its offerings which seem to be pretty comprehensive. One question - are the times quoted in local time (AEST in my case) and is daily saving adjusted? I see that my correct location is provided.

However, I am getting a bit lost on how to set it up for my requirements and I would appreciate some brief guidance on the steps that I should follow and any other tips for its use.

Peter

pmrid
04-10-2018, 08:45 PM
I had not heard of this. Just had a look and am impressed.
Peter

pjphilli
05-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Hi Peter
Maybe you would like to give it a go and let me know how you get on. I think I am driving it correctly but have some doubts - perhaps overthinking it as I am prone to do! Peter

pmrid
06-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Wiĺ do

P

ChrisV
08-10-2018, 09:50 AM
DSO Browser is great. Its comforting when you get that monthly email with upcoming targets - you know the new moon is coming soon!

pjphilli
08-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Yes Chris it does seem to be a useful site - however, the New Moon looks like it is not going to do us much good this week in rainy Sydney.
What I would like to be able to do is also setup my preferred list of objects for each coming New Moon period. There is provision to do this but I cannot find out where to make such a list stick! - any clues? Peter