PDA

View Full Version here: : Solar mounting kits similar to ones Maxdome use for Sirius domes?

g__day
18-10-2015, 02:02 AM
Hi all,

I have just installed Maxdome onto my astro lab - and connected the supplied 12V 0.3amp solar cell (Powertech ZM9190 http://www.jaycar.com.au/Ecotech/Solar-Power/Monocrystalline-Panels/Powertech-Monocrystalline-Solar-Panel---10W/p/ZM9091) to my lab; facing North East.

I would love to add another unit in parallel wiring configuration, this one orientated to face North West. What I'd dearly like to know is where to source the simple but very effective mounting clip that comes with the Maxdome units Sirius Observatories supply. They are simply thin sheet stainless steel folded into a large C shape - with three holes drilled into the back - two for bolts and one for the solar wires. You just attach them to your wall - then bend them slightly and clip the rear of the solar cell right on.

I can't find these mounting brackets anywhere. Anyone know where they can be purchased - else I will phone Alan at Sirius on Monday - he's been really helpful so far!

Thanks,

Matthew

g__day
18-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Well I grew impatient so simply made it out of wood and screws with a dash of paint thrown in. All wired up now and ready for some sunshine to see how it performs. May end up being a bit of overkill, but I would rather over-size things and add redundancy then have things fail at an inconvenient time!