PDA

View Full Version here: : AstroTortilla and Nebulosity 4

mtfreestyler
05-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Hey guys,

I just downloaded Nebulosity 4 and I couldn't get it going with AstroTortilla

Has anyone had any luck with it yet?

When trying to capture and solve I always get a waiting for camera message that will stay until I abort.

Nebulosity 3 works perfectly

Thanks in advance

ejd
05-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Hi Matt,
The following solution which I found on the stark labs Yahoo group works for me.

There is a fundamental change to way to use Astrotortilla with Nebulosity. This arises from the fact that as from Version 4 Nebulosity can act as an ASCOM camera in itself. This is explained on Page 95 of the new manual for Version 4. If you're connected to a camera in Nebulosity (by a Native driver or by an ASCOM driver) you can have other software connect to Nebulosty as if it were an ASCOM camera. So, anything that can talk to an ASCOM camera can talk to Nebulosity in the same way. To do this you'll need to install the Nebulosity ASCOM Camera Driver and the ASCOM platform. So assuming you have the ASCOM platform already installed you need to also install the Nebulosity ASCOM Camera Driver which can be found here:
http://stark-labs.com/depot/beta/Nebulosity%20ASCOM%20Driver%20Setup .exe

The link should take you directly to the ASCOM Driver Setup executable. Once you have downloaded the driver, you can startup Nebulosity and select whatever camera you use as the frame solving camera. Then in ASTROTORTILLA under Camera select from the drop-down box "ASCOM Camera" and under setup you should now find available in the drop-down box an option called "ASCOM Camera Driver for Nebulosity". Now when you use ASTROTORTILLA is automatically goes to Nebulosity and controls capturing the image in the usual way. This process works well for me and obviously negates the need to make changes to ASTROTORTILLA everytime a new version of Nebulosity is released. By the way, although the manual for Version 4 is not available on the downloads page (possibly should be), it is put in your Program Files (x86)/Nebulosity4/ folder when you install version 4. Lots of great information. Hope this helps."

mtfreestyler
05-08-2015, 10:00 AM
And we have liftoff!!!!

Thank you so much. I didn't realise there was a manual in the install.

It is working right now with the simulator but I will have to fully test it when the clouds go away