View Full Version here: : UHC-S filter used as a DSLR lens filter ??

07-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Is there a suitable adapter to screw a Baader UHC-S 2" filter onto a standard DSLR camera lens ? What is it called? and where can I get one ?

07-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi Bill,

I presume the camera lens diameter is larger than 2"=usually in mm. So a step down, or reducer adapter. eg. if the thread on the end of the lens is 55mm diameter, get a reducer that goes from 55mm male thread to 2" female thread. Most camera stores should have such adapters.

07-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi Bill, Lester is correct you need a step down ring as they are called, but you have to get one that is 48mm.
The filter threads are exactly 48mm, if you camera lens is 49mm, or 52mm, and so on you can order them.
I have a number of these, such as 49mm to 48mm, 55mm to48mm and so on.
all camera shops can order them from Hoya Filters, they are readily available.

Cheers Leon :thumbsup:

07-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Step down rings available from here
the 2 inch filter thread is 48mm I believe
I should get one myself, thus far ive just sat the uhcs filter on the top of a uv filter on the lens with camera pointing skywards so it wont fall off.