PDA

View Full Version here: : Observation logging program

Allan
13-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Hi all. I am looking for a program that I can use to log my observations directly into my laptop, maybe while I'm at the telescope observing. I would like the ability to add images or drawings into the observation. Anyone use or recommend a program. Cheers

alistairsam
13-11-2013, 02:11 AM
Astroplanner.
amongst the most brilliant programs i've ever come across.
There's another thread here that talks about this.

Cheers

Merlin66
13-11-2013, 07:11 AM
+1 for AstroPlanner.
Paul does a great job in keeping this application both up to date and fully supported.
Highly recommended.

glend
13-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Allan, I tried out Astroplanner on my Windows laptop several months ago but moved away from it when I moved to an Android tablet for the scope platform (I used a printed paper log prior to Astroplanner).
Astroplanner was fine for the laptop.

I am now running Sky Safari Plus on Android (wifi connected to the scope) as the Pushto app for my 16". Sky Safari Plus has an observation list feature which is accessed from the object search/image catalog search function so an image is always there from the database. If you want to insert and image that you have taken I can't see that function at present.

Allan
13-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys. I came across Astroplanner and it looks like a nice layout.

I don't need telescope control, or session planning because I have that all sorted on my iPad.

All I want is a place to record my observations and write notes and attach images or sketches I make. Will Astroplanner cover this ok.

Thanks

troypiggo
13-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Sure will.