PDA

View Full Version here: : clarification for auto calib run with PMX+T point

graham.hobart
24-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Hello, I got my first model done last weekend (wohoo!) but manually added all the T Point points.
When I tried auto calib I run into the problem of my crap horizons and obstacles nearly all the way around and up to about 40'.
Looking at the defining parameters for auto run it gives a basic skiy outline showing SCP and says drag the orange circles to define search/ calib area.
I tried this with a wedge shaped slice pointed at the SCP and the scope slewed in the opposite direction -towards a big tree!
I am doing something basically wrong with the defining a sky area for an auto run- please help me sort this out. MY best sky is really from NE to SW across the zenith but no horizons at all.
Cheers
Graham

DavidNg
25-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Hi, I managed to run 600+ points automated calibration. Didn't bother to define the sky area, if one didn't work, it will move to the next in 10 or so seconds. The on area I tried to avoid was along the meridian, didn't feel comfortable get too close to the slew limits.

Regards
David

frolinmod
26-06-2013, 01:31 AM
All you have to do in order to avoid horizon obstacles is to create a horizon in the horizon editor. Then you can let the program choose your sample locations and it will try to avoid defining any below your horizon. One or two might still end up being behind something, but no biggie. The moon is the usual elephant in the room if it's up.

Looks like you have a well mounted small refractor? Those always give the tightest models with the least scatter.

Oops, didn't see your other post...