PDA

View Full Version here: : Mac Book Pro Re-install Lion 10.7 Issue

Visionoz
26-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Hi

Been trying to re-install the Apple OS back to a friend's Mac Book Pro and not being familiar with the Macs (last used a PowerPC Mac System 7.10 that loooooonnnng ago!!) need some advice/pointers because I keep on getting knocked back during the stage when it says it wants to verify the eligibility of the OS download and says that I have to contact AppleCare directly - it is a 6-months old unit and the original problem was that it would not load past the Apple logo with the fan-wheel spinning endlessly and not booting to the desktop (I was told that the friend's missus shut down the notebook when it was half-way thru an update process)

I did the "Option" key thingy and was able to see the "Macintosh HD", "Windows 7" & "Recovery Disk" partitions

HEEEEELP!!:help:- any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers
Bill

dannat
26-05-2013, 07:54 PM
You have a fast Internet connection when it asked you for verifying?

Does the user have a time machine backup(I have found it the easiest way)

Are you trying to go from one lion install to another, or mountain lion to lion? What version of lion is currently installed?

Visionoz
28-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Thanks Daniel & Peter (Poita who PMed) for trying to help

Got home late from work last nite

Early this morning I got finally onto AppleCare as was suggested on-screen and all I had to do was to log in with the Apple ID (I think they did something in the background anyway) and the OS app was located in the portal and downloaded easily after I did the "command+option+R" thingey!!

All sweet and singing now after 5 hours of downloading the whole OS! :thumbsup:

Once again thanks guys!

Cheers
Bill

Blair
03-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Mate - grab lion disc maker:

http://liondiskmaker.com/

Puts osx onto a sd card or USB of 8 MB. Saves re downloading that sucker every time. It's free and works great.