PDA

View Full Version here: : Unintended autostar upgrade

viking
20-04-2013, 05:59 PM
I started to install my Meade deep sky image pro 11 and now my hand controller displays upgrading don't turn off at no time did I click on download anything. I suspect that I will have to let this run, howv long does the upgrades take and are there any issues associated with upgrading the hand controller. If this is time consuming I am in trouble as my Internet connection is through a prepaid

Download never finished but hand controll has no issues but can't can't get computer to talk to the mount, the guide camera or the Meade ccd camera so looks like the guide camera and ccd camer will be relegated to a dark corner of the shed never to be seen again

Barrykgerdes
23-04-2013, 12:08 PM
what do you actually have. I don't know deep sky image pro 11.

If all the other functions work after the "upgrade" then the most probable cause is that they need to communicate via RS232 and maybe Com 1, 2, 3 or 4.

I imagine you are controlling via USB with a USB/RS232 adapter. In which case you may need to find out what com port it is using and set that to what the equipment needs.

Barry

viking
23-04-2013, 08:56 PM
BarryThanks yes I have all the correct cables an are connecting through USB ports I have configured ports but still can't get my laptop to communicate although all drivers are loaded correctly and recognized but cannot connect to the mount,ccd or the guide ccd
My camera ccd is a Meade the guide ccd is an Orion the scope is a 10"Meade sct
I haven't given up yet still playing
Running windows 7premium

Max