PDA

View Full Version here: : TSX camera addon.

Joshua Bunn
18-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi All.

Is anyone using the camera addon in theskyx Pro as their imaging software. I mean the camera addon only - not maxim DL or ccdsoft for example. I would be interested to hear what your opinions of it are.

thanks
Josh

Logieberra
28-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Yes, it's excellent. With the addition of Canon Digic5 drivers before too long - will be even better. Now supports QSI, FLI and StarlightXpress on the way. Also works a treat with most ASCOM supported cameras. But one tip, don't post TSX related Q's here, go direct to SB forum for authoritative support.

P.S. I also autoguide through it, and program MX PEC.

Logieberra
28-12-2012, 04:25 PM
What mount are you using?

Terry B
28-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I am starting to use it instead of CCDSoft. It has its good and bad points.
It has a reasonably good interface and makes it easier to sync an image into TSXP.
I have had it crash a few times, all to do with guiding and the result is that TSXP crashes as well. If you are using TSXP to control the scope then you then lose the link with the scope. This is a pest as the program doesn't know where the scope is and it is not in its parked position.

Joshua Bunn
28-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi Logan,

thanks for the post.
Im using a PME, so its good in the sense (and many others) that nearly everything can be controled through TSX. And with updates being released regularly, its always on the improve. :thumbsup:

clear skies
Josh