PDA

View Full Version here: : Help Please

astroron
08-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi could anyone tell me if this is a virus, and if so what do I do to remove it:help:
When I turned on my Lap Top this morning I got he message

Java Scrypt Applicaion

evellnsandboxsyntaxerror:syntaxerro r

I cannot get rid of it :mad2:
Any help would e greatly appreciated.
Cheers:thumbsup:

LewisM
08-12-2012, 10:52 AM
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/939560

and

http://www.komando.com/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31859

Try those.

astroron
08-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Thanks Lewis, I tried some of those suggestions ut none worked,I tried to disable java plugin ut it would not let me
I do not have social fixer working ut t is installed but cannot get to it as the popup locks me.

LewisM
08-12-2012, 11:24 AM
DO a safe mode run and uninstall it. It SHOULD let you. Google uninstalling it.

astroron
08-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Uninstall what :question: Java plugin or social fixer:question:
How do you start in safe mode run
BTW it wont let me do anything at the moment

FlashDrive
08-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Safe Mode ....Reboot Computer .... when it proceeds to restart .. press F2 on your keyboard ...select ' Safe Mode " ... and then let the Computer go to desktop.

You will have certain drivers that won't load and your desktop ' icons ' will look larger ... don't fret about that.

Then find the ' offending ' bug and see if it will uninstall for you.
Another way to find it is ....do you have a simple app called ' startup '.
It allows you to see what programmes are starting when the Computer is first turned on.... in this ... you can 'disable ' any programmes not required.

If you have an app called CC Cleaner ... use the ' statup ' option in it and ' disable ' from there.

Another one is .... Task Manager ... Processes ....look for the offending item and ' kill ' the process.

Above all ... uninstalling it is the best option.

Flash ..!!

mithrandir
08-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Some of this scumware is a real problem to uninstall. CCleaner and Malwarebytes usually are enough, but you might have to download them on another computer and/or run them from safe mode. The virus/trojan intercepts the download file name or program name, checks it against a list of cleaners and stops them running. Renaming the exe sometimes works.

astroron
08-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks Andrew, I am at whits end I have removed Java from my system and yet the offending pop up is still there.
I cannot even enter Safe mode as when I press F2 it goes to a screen where I have no mouse and there is no mention of safe mode :shrug:

astroron
08-12-2012, 03:48 PM
In CCleaner it said do you want to delete all these files :question:
1.756mbts does it literaly delete all the files in the computer it has scanned:question::eyepop:
I am afraid to say yes as I don't want to loose all my stuff :shrug:
I was ale to downloader the cleaner in Internet explorer, I normally use firefox which is the projenitor of the prolem I think .

dannat
08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
If f2 doesnt work for safe mode try f8

1.756 is it megabytes ? Doesn't seem that much just trash it

astroron
08-12-2012, 08:11 PM
that is 1.75 gigabites which is just about all my files in every place :sadeyes:

Colin_Fraser
08-12-2012, 09:22 PM
1.75G is not that much by todays standard. Won't hurt to delete them if CCleaner wants to. Probably won't hurt to leave them there either.
My suggestion is while you are in CCleaner is to delete them, then uninstall JRE and then uninstall Firefox.
Then run the registry cleaner and 'fix all errors'
As mentioned earlier uncheck the items in the 'startup'. Disable everything except your Antivirus and anything thats absolutely crucial.
Then re-install Firefox and then JRE.