Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2021, 09:07 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Auskus on China Tonight

Bone chilling interview last night. Victor Gao on Australia's nuclear sunmarines deal.

https://iview.abc.net.au/video/CHTO202113550288
Old 22-09-2021, 10:09 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

You need an app to see it???
But dont have to...follow the money for a story
Alex
Old 22-09-2021, 11:24 AM
raymo

You don't have to subscribe Alex, just click on the video and it will play.
raymo
Old 22-09-2021, 11:41 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

There is zip on my phone Raymo to start a video.

Alex
Old 22-09-2021, 11:42 AM
toc (Tim)

If you think we have the 'privilege' from China of not being targeted by nukes
because we don't currently have nuclear powered subs, then you are pretty naive, or a shill for the CCP
Old 22-09-2021, 11:46 AM
toc (Tim)

And I still recall the French thumbing their noses at us when they carried out nuclear tests in the Pacific, so I'm not shedding to many tears for them, although I do think it was poorly handled overall.
Old 22-09-2021, 11:54 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
You need an app to see it???
But dont have to...follow the money for a story
Alex
Just checked on my S5. Yes it does look like they want the iViewApp to be installed.
Old 22-09-2021, 11:56 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I goggled it..
Why buy a sub in the first place..follow the money..who gets paid is the only thing to look at...
US wants to keep its high presence and China is building a blue water Navy...guess what we will be the meat in the sandwich ...you can bet the pollies have good reason to buy a sub but one must wonder who really lobbies for such? I did not contact my local MP and ask for one...did you? And do we have an opposition in this country anymore or are they on board ( on board get it) as well..lots of cash ...but we need one???
Why not buy one from China?
Alex
Old 22-09-2021, 12:02 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toc View Post
And I still recall the French thumbing their noses at us when they carried out nuclear tests in the Pacific, so I'm not shedding to many tears for them, although I do think it was poorly handled overall.
I remember that in 95 with the Mururoa test. I was working as a hose doctor at the time for ENZED. Partly owned by kiwis too. Rainbow warrior was still fresh in their mind. The new run was a hard sale to begin with and I still got a green cake for my b'day while working there "the mururoa cake" according to that kiwi bloke.

There is no love for Macron back home. He didn't think twice about sending the army against the yellow jackets. People were mauled badly. His corporate mates who put him in position in the top job on the other hand are pretty sour about losing $90bn especially Lagardère who's part owner of multiple defence contracts and his E.U. corporate friends. So I reckon that's where the beef is. Nothing to do with national security or politics. It's simply about the money and getting shafted. But hey, if they upheld their end of the bargain and supplied what they were asked on time we wouldn't be there. So no sympathy.
Old 22-09-2021, 12:31 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

So will it carry atomic weapons?
Cost? $80 for each man woman and child?
Anyways I dont care if our leaders say its ok who am I to worry.
Alex
Old 22-09-2021, 02:17 PM
toc (Tim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
So will it carry atomic weapons?
Cost? $80 for each man woman and child?
Anyways I dont care if our leaders say its ok who am I to worry.
Alex
Scott'y from Marketing says it doesn't carry nuclear bombs, and for once I trust that is the case. Would be quite a step up for us to get nuclear weapons - plenty of bombs to go around from our powerful friends...
Old 22-09-2021, 02:44 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by toc View Post
Scott'y from Marketing says it doesn't carry nuclear bombs, and for once I trust that is the case. Would be quite a step up for us to get nuclear weapons - plenty of bombs to go around from our powerful friends...
Thank you...I of course think we should have nuclear weapons so we can become a major world power... Bigger ones than everyone else..plus all kids must do military service from 13 until 30 years old...both male and female...anyways lets get this sub and get started..I dont like the way New Zealand has been coverting our land ...and Fiji...time to move to high alert.
Alex
Old 22-09-2021, 03:00 PM
atalas

Yep no politics here folks....move along move along.
Old 22-09-2021, 03:09 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Bone chilling interview last night. Victor Gao on Australia's nuclear sunmarines deal.

https://iview.abc.net.au/video/CHTO202113550288
The interviewee (Gao) was speaking from Beijing and is quite obviously a shill for either their military or the government in one guise or another. It is yet another example of the shrill hyperbole being used to threaten, coerce us and our government. It is another example of China trying to bully and intimidate anyone who calls them out.
What a pitiful grub this man is.
Old 22-09-2021, 03:22 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
The interviewee (Gao) was speaking from Beijing and is quite obviously a shill for either their military or the government in one guise or another. It is yet another example of the shrill hyperbole being used to threaten, coerce us and our government. It is another example of China trying to bully and intimidate anyone who calls them out.
What a pitiful grub this man is.
I blame the ABC.. its just old tired journalistic sensationalism and only carries because folk like your goodself pay it ten times more attention than it is worth...and dont be surprised if such was not engineered by who ever is getting something out of the sub deal..the way it goes is get the public focused on something irrelevant whilst you run your agenda...
There are more important issues but playing to peoples fears and predudice always gets the numbers...the sky is falling yet again...
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 22-09-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Old 22-09-2021, 04:04 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Seems our Victor Gao probably has more interest in self promotion as opposed to anything else.. self proclaimed expert who one could assume.. reasonably, speaks for a fee...again I call this shamless sensationalism by ABC..heck there are cities in China with more people than Australia has population...do you really think they give a RTZ if Australia gets an unarmed sub... They are going to focus not on say the USA with a few armed subs and decide to attack Australia...people think these things thru and dont fall victim to the propaganda.. AND this China bullying stuff...ask where did you hear that and then seek actual evidence...China does not appear to have imperialist motives.. Just check that out rather than say BS USA sites preaching hate...Anyways lets look back in one week and see if anyone remembers this "sensational" interview...

https://www.chartwellspeakers.com/speaker/victor-gao/ also check his wiki bio...

Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 22-09-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old 22-09-2021, 05:50 PM
h0ughy (David)

Sorry
Closed Thread