Old 19-07-2021, 01:11 PM
cyberblitz

QHY5III462 'Green' woes

I recently purchased the QHY5III462 one-shot color camera and when I use it with Firecapture with the UV/IR CUT Filter, the live feed is saturated with green and any recorded captures are the same. I am not able to get anywhere near the colors shown in YT vids I've seen using this camera. The debayering in Firecapture is set right, as is Autostakkert used for stacking the images and it still comes out more green than anything else. Has anyone had similar issues like this and are there any solutions or advice you can provide?

I am not new to planetary capturing, having been doing it for years, albeit with monochrome cameras, yet I cannot understand why the capture is green. I understand the Bayer matrix on this camera is GBRG, so this may explain it but does not explain how others were able to produce decent color.

I have downloaded all the latest drivers and SDKs for Firecapture for this camera. I also downloaded Firecapture 2.7 Beta to see if it would make a difference to the stable 2.6 version but it didn’t. I have also tried Sharpcap, and yes if you play with the white balance you can correct it, but I don't use Sharpcap, the capture software I have used for years is Firecapture, and I love it. QHY advertises that it works with Firecapture so it should work.

Here is what it looks like: https://www.dropbox....III462.mov?dl=0

Anyone else had these issues and have any advice?
Old 19-07-2021, 06:53 PM
cyberblitz

This is solved. There are white balance settings in Firecapture i never new existed despite years of using it. That's the problem with only using Monochrome cameras for years, never needed to use these settings
Old 21-07-2021, 01:50 PM
billdan (Bill)

Glad to read you solved the problem.
Your solution reminds me of my old Commodore, I had driven it for over 2 years and never knew it had "Cruise Control" until my son showed me how to use it.

Last edited by billdan; 22-07-2021 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling