Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14-04-2022, 11:04 AM
Spartan1 (Philip)

EQ3 GOTO motor controller and v4 handset

The v4 handset on my EQ3 has blown. Likelihood is that the previous owner connected a battery directly to the motor control box and had the polarity reversed. I think I can fix the handset (voltage regulator and a couple of caps) but when I plug another handset or even a Wifi module directly to the MCB, they are not recognized. Has anyone had a problem with their EQ3 MCB and if so, what was the problem/solution. Thanks, Philip
Old 14-04-2022, 03:06 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

Quite possible something blew on the controller board. I had a short in my 12v power with a too large a fuse & it cooked the control board on my EQM35 (basically the same board) - I don't use a handset but if I plug one in it can't connect to either motor. But I'm not savvy enough with electronics to know what's wrong or what to do about it.

If you get it figured out maybe I can send you mine to have a go at - got to be cheaper than a replacement...

Good luck with it,
Mark
Old 30-06-2022, 12:39 PM
Spartan1 (Philip)

Hello Mark,

Sorry I did not see this from April! I fixed the handset but the MCB is not doing its job. I have a few tests to do to try to confirm it is the MCB and not something else wrong in the handset. Did you get yours sorted out ?

Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac0 View Post
Quite possible something blew on the controller board. I had a short in my 12v power with a too large a fuse & it cooked the control board on my EQM35 (basically the same board) - I don't use a handset but if I plug one in it can't connect to either motor. But I'm not savvy enough with electronics to know what's wrong or what to do about it.

If you get it figured out maybe I can send you mine to have a go at - got to be cheaper than a replacement...

Good luck with it,
Mark
Old 30-06-2022, 01:30 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

Hi Philip. Not yet. Ended up with a new mount so getting this going again hasn't been a priority. I will want to get it going because it makes an excellent travel mount. I'm just not technically competent enough to do it myself.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
Hello Mark,

Sorry I did not see this from April! I fixed the handset but the MCB is not doing its job. I have a few tests to do to try to confirm it is the MCB and not something else wrong in the handset. Did you get yours sorted out ?

Philip