Old 24-03-2021, 10:36 PM
Karlz (Karl)

N.I.N.A Trial run

I'm giving NiNA a trial run tonight as I've read quite a bit out it as well as Cuiv the lazy geek on YouTube has a few videos on set up and the like. I'll give a bit more of a write tomorrow when I'm on the laptop.

Finally clear skies...

Karl
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20210324_233035.jpg)
182.9 KB46 views
Old 24-03-2021, 11:39 PM
AnakChan (Sean)

I'm a N.I.N.A. fan. Been playing with it for the past 2 years and it's been continually improving. The advanced sequencer is a little complicated initially but you'll get used to it. You don't have to use it either - the basic sequencer does a pretty good job already.

I don't do anything fancy but just to let it loop until the object drops below 40deg or astronomical twilight - whichever comes first.

Esp with SGPPro moving to subscription, and NINA improving so much in the past few months, IMO there's fewer reasons to look into SGPPro. Naturally if one has already paid for SGPPro, then stick to it until the subscription expires. But otherwise for those who have just gotten into it, I feel NINA just rocks.
Old 25-03-2021, 12:02 PM
AdamJL

also a NINA fan.
Haven't tried the advanced sequencer, because it's full-on, but the rest of it awesome. Their Discord channel is very helpful as well.

Plus, and here's the biggest part... it has a modern interface! Most astronomy software is stuck in the 90s. This is a bit of software with a GUI I actually like using.
Old 25-03-2021, 11:20 PM
sunslayr (David)

I really like it, lots of customizability with the advanced sequencer. I haven't figured out If there is any recovery options though. Here Is an example sequence template if you want to give the advanced sequencer a try. Just set your camera and filters and away you go. You will have to rename and remove the .txt file extension first (so I could upload it).
Attached Files
File Type: txt Narrowband Parallel Example.template.json.txt (41.7 KB, 31 views)