Old 23-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Astrobserver99 (Rob)
Starlit Night

QHY8 and QHY5 Ready for Test Runs

Well, I have finally set up my new QHY5 and QHY8 Cameras for their first light - now for some clear skies

I am using PHD for the QHY5 and Nebulosity for the QHY8. So far the drivers that work best are the QHYCCD ASCOM Drivers for the QHY5 and Tom's QHY8LU Drivers for the QHY8. I couldn't get the QHYCCD ASCOM Drivers for QHY8 to work properly - they are still in beta i think...

As you can see I am still on the learning curve for the QHY8.

How I should I set gain and offset in nebulosity? The values I am getting are offset 65 and gain 1%???
Old 23-03-2010, 05:06 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrobserver99 View Post
Well, I have finally set up my new QHY5 and QHY8 Cameras for their first light - now for some clear skies

I am using PHD for the QHY5 and Nebulosity for the QHY8. So far the drivers that work best are the QHYCCD ASCOM Drivers for the QHY5 and Tom's QHY8LU Drivers for the QHY8. I couldn't get the QHYCCD ASCOM Drivers for QHY8 to work properly - they are still in beta i think...

As you can see I am still on the learning curve for the QHY8.

How I should I set gain and offset in nebulosity? The values I am getting are offset 65 and gain 1%???
Gain:1 Offset :65 is fine. I also use an older version of Tom's drivers. You don't need the ramp up the gain at all with this camera.
Old 24-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Astrobserver99 (Rob)
Starlit Night

Yeah, works fine. Also updated my Nebulosity to get the Ascom drivers working properly (using factory recommended gain and offset values). All OK