Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15-01-2022, 02:44 PM
Stev0 (Steve)

Update

Martin,

A couple of months into this hobby and I can understand that people will stick with what works. While EQMOD does 'work' for me it does look antiquated and I think unintuitive. For new folk, its a more painful application to learn than GSS IMO. So, give a go some time .... it doesnt stink that much I promise!
Old 15-01-2022, 03:22 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev0 View Post
Martin,

A couple of months into this hobby and I can understand that people will stick with what works. While EQMOD does 'work' for me it does look antiquated and I think unintuitive. For new folk, its a more painful application to learn than GSS IMO. So, give a go some time .... it doesnt stink that much I promise!
When your in your 60’s you become stuck in your ways regarding changing and learning new software ..... I never thought I would say that but it’s true in my case
I’m not fully automated with my imaging anyway and don’t even do meridian flips , so I only use the basics in EQMOD so for me no point in changing , the sync function is easy and makes for really precise goto on targets ( I actually enjoy fine tuning the position and framing of my targets where required , a tweak here a tweak there )
Each to their own and yes I can understand younger folk mentioning that EQMOD looks like something from the PAC man or Space Invaders era ( I hope Chris Shillito doesn’t read this )
Cheers
Martin