Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 27-07-2021, 07:34 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Thrash Metal to Classical & pretty much everything in between...

16yrs old when Metallica hit the scene.. had been listening to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Saxon.... Metallica were the hardest, fastest thing to hit the planet.. blew my mind... the music of my angst & anger filled youth!! Still a fan at 54.. mostly their older stuff.. Also keen on Slayer & Anthrax... a large number of many other metal bands

LOL... at pretty much the same time I was a huge (and still am) fan of Mike Oldfield... my first concert at 15 was his tour in 1982 at the Thebarton Town hall, Adelaide...

These days, still exploring new music which, occasionally gets my attention.. bought Billy Eilish 'When we go to sleep, where do we go'... awesome album, great voice... all home recorded and produced by her brother...

Pink Floyd, Icehouse, Tool, Queen, Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Alan Parsons project, Midnight Oil & many, many more talented artists in my collection...
Old 28-07-2021, 08:52 PM
Ausrock (Chris)

From some classical (Chopin, Handel, Bvorak, etc) through to good rock and blues (this includes classic Aust., rock, Jethro Tull,Led Zep/Robert Plant, ZZ Top/Billy Gibbons, blah, blah, blah.

Modern "pop" and rap are set on "ignore".

Old 28-07-2021, 09:52 PM
sn1987a (Barry)

I'm partial to a bit of Electro swing
Old 30-07-2021, 11:54 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Thrash Metal to Classical & pretty much everything in between...

16yrs old when Metallica hit the scene.. had been listening to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Saxon.... Metallica were the hardest, fastest thing to hit the planet.. blew my mind... the music of my angst & anger filled youth!! Still a fan at 54.. mostly their older stuff.. Also keen on Slayer & Anthrax... a large number of many other metal bands

LOL... at pretty much the same time I was a huge (and still am) fan of Mike Oldfield... my first concert at 15 was his tour in 1982 at the Thebarton Town hall, Adelaide...

These days, still exploring new music which, occasionally gets my attention.. bought Billy Eilish 'When we go to sleep, where do we go'... awesome album, great voice... all home recorded and produced by her brother...

Pink Floyd, Icehouse, Tool, Queen, Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Alan Parsons project, Midnight Oil & many, many more talented artists in my collection...
+1 \m/
Old 30-07-2021, 04:54 PM
taminga16 (Greg)

A couple of years ago I fell into a rather dark patch and without knowing why gravitated to female artists, look out for Natalie Merchant, Trixie Whitley, Emily Barker and the Red Clay Halo, Melody Gardot to name but a few.
Greg.