FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Masks Again.....??

Here we go again..........

What's next ....daily cavity searches?

Col...
Old 17-12-2021, 05:31 PM
doppler (Rick)

Yep, whats the point of vaccinations if we still have to hide from covid, and for how long?
Old 17-12-2021, 05:39 PM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppler View Post
Yep, whats the point of vaccinations if we still have to hide from covid, and for how long?
Vaccinations aren’t and have never been silver bullets. Viruses change, some change faster than others.

I’m fine with masks, personally. I had to do a stress echo yesterday and ran on a treadmill with a mask.
Old 17-12-2021, 06:35 PM
Rainmaker (Matt)
Strictly Visual......

We’re still wearing masks anytime we’re away from home….. It’s just common sense when trying to negotiate shopping etc among crowds…. Masks work to reduce the risks.
These people attending concerts, crowded pubs etc are just a bunch of selfish gits….
Old 17-12-2021, 06:59 PM
Kuz

Yeah , no problems wearing a mask here my wife is a scientist in our local hospital. What really strikes home is that in a city of 66 000 people we only have the capacity to have 4 people on ventilation. Pretty scary numbers right there . I feel for the medical workers especially in intensive . Trying to save the lives on the unvaccinated, when they were protesting outside two week prior.. The government say they have it covered, but they can't even fix a couple of pot holes.

Just my 2 cents worth . Stay safe all
Old 17-12-2021, 07:42 PM
blindman
Now I see !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppler View Post

Sorry to say, but the point is to make you transhuman who can be patented and all your assets becomes owned by state.

Hoping this won't be soon deleted by "authorities"
Old 17-12-2021, 08:12 PM
raymo

Consider yourself lucky Kuz, my nearest ICU is 100 clicks away.
raymo
Old 17-12-2021, 08:42 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

The sooner most of the populace realise the vaccination is NOT immunisation the better, and all governments sure aren't doing anthing to enforce this actuality; rather, it's all about "freedom"...

The omicron variant has aptly pointed this out, since only fully vaxxed can travel domestically and internationally, and it is only the fully vaxxed who brought it here. Time will tell how extensive it gets.
Old 17-12-2021, 08:48 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

We still wear masks out and about, though in NSW many dont anymore i guess case numbers and hospital admissions and ICU numbers in two weeks (not today ) will be a better yardstick .

I do notice many friends from QLD are a bit antsy about covid in general having such a good run for so long ?.. A good friends father fit and unvaxed death from covid over a couple of days , alone and scared was harrowing to hear.. personally I know of three elderly gents who met at the pub last week who are now all positive .

The biggest reason for me to keep trying to keep the risk in check the best i can is lack of faith in govts in general.. honestly there are no ICU beds for large numbers of us who become unwell..and lets not forget the tracing app.. three times now its advised of a positive case close by.. but at a week plus later.

be safe and stay safe the best you can .
Old 17-12-2021, 10:36 PM
h0ughy (David)

You are a bunch of jabbers, hi ho ho thread closed
Closed Thread