Old 22-04-2010, 07:11 PM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

QHY8 / Universal Paracorr

I was wondering if anyone was using a QHY8 with a Televue Universal Paracorr? If so can you let me know what you have in between to achieve the correct spacing between the lens of the paracorr and the CCD face?

Cheers.

Peter
Old 22-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Tandum (Robin)

Tele Vue Visual Paracorr (PCV-2000) is for primarily visual use and comes with the 2" - 1¼" Adapter(ACF-2125) However, it can be used for CCD nosepieces having 2" or 1¼" diameters, like eyepieces. You must adjust distance from last lens surface to CCD surface to 55mm +4mm for best performance.

Google is your friend
Old 23-04-2010, 05:27 AM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Cheers Robin - I have the Universal Paracorr (not the visual paracorr) - it comes with the Televue IS system and this presents a T thread for connection to the camera.

I've looked up the spacing dimensions but wondered what elements people have installed in the imaging train - ie do you replace the QHY nosepiece/filter with the paracorr + spacers or do you leave the filter installed? I'm interested to know if the combination of the paracorr and filter cause any reflection problems.
Old 23-04-2010, 07:36 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
Cheers Robin - I have the Universal Paracorr (not the visual paracorr) - it comes with the Televue IS system and this presents a T thread for connection to the camera.

I've looked up the spacing dimensions but wondered what elements people have installed in the imaging train - ie do you replace the QHY nosepiece/filter with the paracorr + spacers or do you leave the filter installed? I'm interested to know if the combination of the paracorr and filter cause any reflection problems.
The spacing is the same as the Baader MPCC. There are reflections with the MPCC if you keep the glass nosepiece in the optical path. So my recommendation would be to take the nose piece off and replace it by a null adaptor which is a 13mm spacer. But try with it first. Might get lucky.
Old 23-04-2010, 08:04 AM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Thanks Marc. I thought you might have investigated this already.

Peter
Old 23-04-2010, 09:50 AM
kinetic (Steve)
ATMer and Saganist

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
The spacing is the same as the Baader MPCC. There are reflections with the MPCC if you keep the glass nosepiece in the optical path. So my recommendation would be to take the nose piece off and replace it by a null adaptor which is a 13mm spacer. But try with it first. Might get lucky.
The only thing I might add is if you unscrew the nosepiece you break
the zero moisture seal of the QHY-8.
Try and do it in a warm, dry room? I'm not game enough to take
mine off
I don't have any internal reflections with my Baader MPCC that Marc mentions, but I'm
only a beginner in the QHY-8 imaging learning curve!

Steve
Old 09-05-2010, 10:56 AM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Thanks for the info Steve. I've ordered the Televue IS spacer set and think I'll need 30mm of spacers with the heater ring and nosepiece installed. I went for this system because it is 2.4" all the way from the nosepiece to the paracorr so shouldn't contribute to vignetting.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:56 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
The only thing I might add is if you unscrew the nosepiece you break
the zero moisture seal of the QHY-8.
Try and do it in a warm, dry room? I'm not game enough to take
mine off
I don't have any internal reflections with my Baader MPCC that Marc mentions, but I'm
only a beginner in the QHY-8 imaging learning curve!

Steve
Hey Steve, I hear you but don't be scared to open your QHY8. I do it every single session and store it in the heatbox with dessicant after each imaging session without the nosepiece on.

What you need to do before each imagin session it to blowdry the inside of the camera and any cavity you may have inside spacers/extension tubes. Keep that routine going and you will never run into any dewing/frosting problems. Ever.

To recap you dry before and after each imaging session and store dry. Takes only minutes.