Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2022, 06:52 PM
Cyberman (Rob)

Eqmod and keypad

Hello, could someone help me with eqmod. When slewing with keypad and pressing "6", the mount slews to the east and will not stop even stop pressing "6". Fortunately it stopped when pressing "5"emergency stop. All the other numbers do not work. Is it possible to reassign the numbers to east, west ,north and south.. Thanks, Robert
Old 11-05-2022, 09:47 PM
Startrek (Martin)

I’ve used EQMOD for 5 years now but only with my planetarium Stellarium
Your probably the first person I’ve come across who uses the eqmod keypad to navigate
Unless someone replies soon your best bet is to send a post on the EQMOD forum below ( you may have to join the group though but most folk are obliging and maybe even Chris Shilito one of the later developers may answer your query

https://groups.io/g/EQMOD
In addition have you reviewed the EQMOD site for keypad info etc...

Cheers
Martin
Old 12-05-2022, 10:17 AM
Sunfish (Ray)

I tried the eqmod ascom soft keypad on the heq5 controlled by the keypad on a usb keyboard. Seemed to work fine. There are some tricky settings required to make sure it works in the way expected.
Old 14-05-2022, 05:26 PM
Cyberman (Rob)

Thanks Martin and Ray. I use stellarium for navigating. Sometimes I need to use the finderscope to locate and centre for my first alignment star and here I find a wireless keyboard useful as the finderscope can be in awkward positions. The arrow buttons work fine for this. I’ve got a small wireless numberpad and thought that would be light and even more convenient but the numbers don’t seem to work as outlined in eqmod instructions. Cheers, Rob
Old 14-05-2022, 06:08 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Rob,
These procedures I put together a while back for using EQMOD and Ascom Stellarium may help you , even using a wireless keyboard (I assume you mean wifi connected standard Microsoft keyboard, not game pad or other )
I don’t know what scope you use , so I’ll give you both procedures depending on what ports you have on your mount.

1/ Using EQ Direct method and Shoestring cable ( plugged into RJ45 handcontroller port)

2/ Using USB2 Direct cable ( plugged into the new additional USB2B port where applicable)

NB: Ensure you have Stellarium version 0.20.0 or later

Not sure if this helps you but I’ll send it anyway

Cheers
Martin