Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2022, 09:40 PM
Emuhead (Andrew)

Target of the Month events?

Hi all,

If there isn't one on IIS already, wondering if there might be any interest in a 'Target of the Month' type group. It's likely been done before I'm sure, probably a number of times.

It would likely involve a monthly target (or even every 2 months if monthly is too frequent) that people shoot when convenient to them, process & present on the thread.

In addition, there might even be an interest in pooling data together, then individually processing & presenting those also highlighting differences in processing styles.

I'm throwing it out there.. probably don't have the long standing knowledge of the night sky yet to run it, but would if the room fell silent on volunteers.

Thoughts? Pitfalls?
Old 11-02-2022, 06:20 PM
Todo43 (Lachlan)

Love the idea Andrew!

I for one, do not take images with very long exposures. Partly because I get bored and I don't like staying up late for school. If we were to pool data, I could get much cleaner images!

I've seen on many discord servers target of the month competitions. Bring in some competitive spirit??

Great ideas thrown out Andrew