Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 30-06-2022, 11:10 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

What's everyones plans for the wet week coming to the east coast?

Well they are predicting hundreds of millimetres of rain here on the south coast of NSW and most of the east coast over the next week so what's everyone going to get up to?

I had initially been going to spend from mid-week going camping with a few friends & introducing them to some EAA. But as the location we were heading to is terrible when it comes to getting too wet that trip has been put on hold - at least I'll save a couple of hundred in fuel costs.

So instead I'll probably spend a bit of time converting a modular rolling toolbox I have to a modular rolling power setup. At least a 100AH battery and adding numerous connection options - anderson plugs, lighter sockets, USB, 2.1mm DC and aviation connections (the most important ones for secure connections). It will also have an MPPT charger for solar, a connection for my battery charger as well as the ability to connect as an auxiliary battery in the rear of my 4WD.

Oh, and probably a few early nights in there as well.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 01-07-2022, 06:31 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have had 10 ton of gravel delivered so all my energy will go improving my drive so maybe I can get out in the extreme wet. It will take a month or two I expect but a little each day sees miracles.

I have already put in pavers and concrete which has really helped .and although it is 300 mts long it comes down to two sections of about 25 mtrs all up that becomes the problem..

I have a little trailer for my ride on mower so I will do one load each day as every little bit helps and in time I will have a drive that does not become unusable in these extreme wets we have been getting.

I am so sick of rain.

Alex
Old 01-07-2022, 10:46 AM
LonelySpoon (Neville)

I'll start by unloading my scopes from the mount to let me install the ZWO EAF that has finally, after4 months delay, arrived!

Followed by better alignment of all three scopes, requiring a distant target.

Thus ensuring the rain will never end...

Neville
LSO
Old 01-07-2022, 12:32 PM
Rainmaker (Matt)
Strictly Visual......

I’m going skiing !
Old 01-07-2022, 01:39 PM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Murray Darling Basin river watching...

Recent events seem to have left us with no flood mitigation in the MDB. From the looks of this weather front, no chance to reduce levels in the next week or more either.

22 June 2022
https://www.mdba.gov.au/water-manage...er-in-storages
Old 01-07-2022, 03:18 PM
meltaxa (Dennis)

Fruity Astro

Seems I'm going to be eating lots of fruit after I photo-chop my old astro pics into celestial fruits when it is unclear. A few more Fruity Astro's on https://www.instagram.com/fruityastro/.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (astro-kiwi-moon.jpg)
186.5 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (astro-pomelo-sun.jpg)
205.6 KB41 views
Click for full-size image (astro-banana-moon.jpg)
68.8 KB30 views
Old 01-07-2022, 03:47 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaxa View Post
Seems I'm going to be eating lots of fruit after I photo-chop my old astro pics into celestial fruits when it is unclear. A few more Fruity Astro's on https://www.instagram.com/fruityastro/.
Brilliant
Old 01-07-2022, 03:50 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I have had 10 ton of gravel delivered so all my energy will go improving my drive so maybe I can get out in the extreme wet. It will take a month or two I expect but a little each day sees miracles.

I have already put in pavers and concrete which has really helped .and although it is 300 mts long it comes down to two sections of about 25 mtrs all up that becomes the problem..

I have a little trailer for my ride on mower so I will do one load each day as every little bit helps and in time I will have a drive that does not become unusable in these extreme wets we have been getting.

I am so sick of rain.

Alex
Sounds like a lot of work Alex, glad you're going to be taking your time with it. And while we haven't had the rain you have had up there, it sounds like it's our turn this time and yes, very sick of the rain too.
Old 01-07-2022, 05:29 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac0 View Post
Sounds like a lot of work Alex, glad you're going to be taking your time with it. And while we haven't had the rain you have had up there, it sounds like it's our turn this time and yes, very sick of the rain too.
Bit of a hold up..I had an appointment to arrange for radiation treatment on a new cancer in my neck.

Woke up near dead and became very sick and had to be driven to the appointment because I was very unsteady ..I thought the new lump was cutting for circulation to my brain.

After the usual stuff at the appointment the news is I go in for treatment in two weeks and I will be there for two weeks to receive 12 doses.

They gave me a scan and made this neat mask to hold me still during treatment.
I get to keep it after and man it looks so neat and I will be able to make life size busts of me...how can things get any better?

Unfortunately my particular type of cancer is unlikely to respond to radiation but we are going to try...so the good news is I now have an excuse not to work too hard on the road when I go for treatment in two weeks...may be I can double my work load so I don't lose time with the treatment...and it seems time for me just became more valuable.

I told them I can't go yet..not until I get the RASA to work at least.

Alex