ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16-12-2009, 10:44 PM
batema (Mark)

M20 Reworked with more data

Hi,

A friend once said to me that no two images reprocessed can ever be the same and I think he was right. I have combined 20 x 4 minute lights with 10 x 6 minute lights and 23 darks with bias frames and flats.

Taken with Canon 400d unmod through W/O Flt 110. Guided with Phd and DSS with photoshop CS3. I hope it looks Ok on your monitor as it looks fine on my laptop. I have a lot of orange stars but do not know if I can do anything about that.

Feedback always welcome.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (combofinished3reduced.jpg)
191.7 KB45 views
Old 16-12-2009, 11:12 PM
AlexN
Widefield wuss

Looks nice Mark.. Red saturation looks a little muted to me, but I think this is the norm with the unmodded DSLR. Other than that, its a stunning pic of M20.. Especially refreshing to see a target from winter during summer!

I really love these nebulae that are nestled in the milkway star clouds... You've done a fantastic job of bringing out a ton of nebulosity without destroying the background star field colour...

The FLT-110 is every bit as impressive optically as it looked on your mount! Those bright stars are very very sharp with absolutely no false colour to be seen... Great gear + great data / nice processing = brilliant image.
Old 16-12-2009, 11:17 PM
batema (Mark)

Thank Alex. I look forward to catching up sometime. I was hoping that our Head of Department would have allowed Adam and mine request for gear. We asked in this order hoping (not really but you can dream) to get a QHY8, SBIG ST10 xme and a DMK. True to the government system of budgeting we got a DMK. NOT HAPPY JAN. Anyway there is always the P&C. Have a great Christmas and look forward to your images from the SBIG when it arrives.

Mark
Old 16-12-2009, 11:27 PM
jjjnettie (Jeanette)

That's a really nice image Mark.
Lovely.