Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Chunky Wheeler (Chris)
.....onward and upward

Smile Sirius 3.5m dia observatory Brisbane

A golden opportunity for a keen amateur astronomer, group of astronomers, school, or college to save over $7,000 in buying the best moulded glass fibre astronomy dome available.

Referred to as the 'School Model' by local manufacturers Sirius Observatories, it has a floor diameter of 3.5 metres, floor area of 9.62 sq. m and a height of 3.25m. It will comfortably accommodate 5-6 people at a time-if you are willing to share!

I love my dome and always feel good when in it whether I'm stargazing or simply processing images on a computer at one of its three powered and recessed desks. Its internal size means that I can find my way around easily in the dark and never have to worry about bumping the 'scope or tripping over something.

Purchased and erected on its current Brisbane suburban acreage site in August 2008, it was been fastidiously maintained and cared for ever since. There's not a mark on it. It has always been water, wind tight, and vermin proof. Sweet smelling, a plumbed in de-humidifier has kept dampness and mould at bay. It is extremely safe to leave unattended for months at a time should you go away on holiday---- or wish to remotely operate it.

Fit out includes:
MaxDome 11 computerised dome rotation. Manual shutter lock. Three storage lockers with timber desks. Mains battery charger and solar panel charger for dome motor. Day night solar vent. Reticulated mains power to each desk with double power points, and to pier. Fitted double external power point for external mounts if needed. Fitted shelving and concealed red observing light. Fitted black foam rubber floor covering. Fitted electric vacuum cleaner for fast floor clean up after visitors. Easy to fit MaxDome computerised shutter operation.

It's design provides for easy dismantling and re-assembling at a new site, the cost of which is to be borne by the purchaser.

I am selling the dome. Pier, telescope and furniture are not in the deal.

My asking price is $19,000.

I am happy to talk about the dome if you care to email or ring me, and I can provide genuine parties with more photos.

Chunky
email: swipsey@gmail.com
phone +61 0412 552 322
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Front door and shutter open.jpg)
123.6 KB168 views
Click for full-size image (Door and shutter open.jpg)
156.2 KB146 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2702.jpg)
192.4 KB151 views
Click for full-size image (Assembling walls.jpg)
173.5 KB151 views
Click for full-size image (Assembling roof.jpg)
183.1 KB136 views
Click for full-size image (Observatory under full moon cropped.jpg)
42.9 KB138 views

Last edited by Chunky Wheeler; 20-12-2014 at 12:34 PM.