Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > DIY Observatories
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18-04-2022, 08:34 PM
xthestreams (Paul)
photon disrupter

What to do with an old Boltwood (v1)

Whilst I am a sworn advocate of the AAG Cloudwatcher, as luck would have it, I happened upon an older model Boltwood with 2 sensor kits (but sadly only one controller) from someone clearing out their father's old observatory.

I managed to fire up the old control software and they're both working great, but I can't figure out what use if any they might be given, from what I can tell, there's no modern software that will take advantage of them.

I had toyed with the idea of trying to get them talking to Voyager or an INDI driver but I can't see any documented protocol for them online, I assume they're proprietary to protect Clarity's (now DL's) profits.

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to see these things back in action versus sitting on the shelf or worse, the next hard rubbish!
Old 27-04-2022, 07:20 PM
Bassnut (Fred)
Narrowfield rules!

Cloudwatcher has a hard relay contact output that closes on rain. it would be a great backup to close an OBS on rain if all else fails.