Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 28-09-2021, 12:24 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

HITECASTRO Mount Hub Pro

Anyone using one of these? I dug mine out of my bottom drawer to try again. Mine is one of the first generation that has 8 device and PC controlled DC outlets plus 4 always-on outlets, 4 x dew heater circuits (device and PC controlled) plus 3 USB2 outlets and two other USB outlets with black innards as opposed to the white on the other 3. I’m not sure what they are. There is a telephone jack socket for focuser control as well. Sounds good? Sure. Except the Windows OS on the PC reports that it does not recognise the USB device when you plug it in. I can work around that by disconnecting th DC feed in and reconnecting it while leaving the USB attached to the PC. Not very elegant. does anyone have any better solution?
Old 28-09-2021, 12:31 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
Anyone using one of these? I dug mine out of my bottom drawer to try again. Mine is one of the first generation that has 8 device and PC controlled DC outlets plus 4 always-on outlets, 4 x dew heater circuits (device and PC controlled) plus 3 USB2 outlets and two other USB outlets with black innards as opposed to the white on the other 3. I’m not sure what they are. There is a telephone jack socket for focuser control as well. Sounds good? Sure. Except the Windows OS on the PC reports that it does not recognise the USB device when you plug it in. I can work around that by disconnecting th DC feed in and reconnecting it while leaving the USB attached to the PC. Not very elegant. does anyone have any better solution?
I have the same (old) model. To avoid the unrecognised USB warning you need to plug in the following sequence.

1_ unplug all cameras from the hub
2_ plug the hub in the PC/Laptop via USB while it's unpowered.
3_ power the hub (computer will recognise the hub)
4_ start the MountHub Pro client (executable)
5_ plug the camera and others in the hub via USB.
6_ power the camera and others via the client.

I'm on Win7 and Win10.
Old 28-09-2021, 01:06 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
I have the same (old) model. To avoid the unrecognised USB warning you need to plug in the following sequence.

1_ unplug all cameras from the hub
2_ plug the hub in the PC/Laptop via USB while it's unpowered.
3_ power the hub (computer will recognise the hub)
4_ start the MountHub Pro client (executable)
5_ plug the camera and others in the hub via USB.
6_ power the camera and others via the client.

I'm on Win7 and Win10.
That works. Thank you. How nice it would be if there were just a Firmware update we could apply. However, once it is up and running it seems to be quite stable. Oh well!
Old 28-09-2021, 01:35 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
That works. Thank you. How nice it would be if there were just a Firmware update we could apply. However, once it is up and running it seems to be quite stable. Oh well!
Yes it would be nice not to have to do that but once you're aware of it, it works quite well. That wouldn't work for a remote obs though. I also remember that flow was advised by the manufacturer at the time of purchase. Not sure if the newer models require the same procedure. I'd hope not.