Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-06-2021, 10:27 PM
DarkArts

I was hesitant about Daniel Craig at the start, but he did prove to be the best Bond since Sean Connery and perhaps overall. I think it has to do with the simultaneous qualities of (semi)-sophistication, intelligence, physicality and detachment (stone cold killer).

Apparently, Barbara Broccoli has said that James Bond will never be female. She's also said James Bond could be played by a female. Personally, I can't think of a female actor who would be convincing enough. Then again, there were some male actors who didnt exactly nail it either.

I don't like any of the actors on Hans' list as James Bond (sorry Hans). I'd be open to someone relatively unknown, though, if they have the right qualities (as if my opinion matters).

There's no shortage of possibilities - just search for "next james bond" and read the first half-dozen articles that come up.
Old 20-06-2021, 07:04 AM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Not sure how Bond fans felt when they introduced a younger 'Q' in Skyfall but I think Ben Whishaw's addition and performance in the role was/is brilliant. Bond and Q's first meeting and exchange was damn funny. Also Ralph Fiennes as 'M' another great choice but Judi Dench was the best 'Q'.
Old 20-06-2021, 07:17 AM
leon

Point taken Alex, I do apologise to anyone offended, sorry

Leon
Old 20-06-2021, 08:53 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Seriously do we actually care.

Leon
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Point taken Alex, I do apologise to anyone offended, sorry

Leon
You are a very decent man Leon and set a fine example for others ...it is an honour to know you.
Alex
Old 20-06-2021, 11:13 AM
TrevorW

Please, I grew up with many male role models, I've watched all the JB movies from Connery to Craig, (there has only been three IMO that have had the attributes of a cold hard killer when they need to be), Connery, Dalton, Craig), Lazenby had potential, Brosnan, Moore, to wishy washy IMO. I do prefer to keep James Bond as a male, are we moving that far afield that all role models will be female. If a female does get the role any sexual innuendo may need to be removed from the movies otherwise she will be classed as a whore, which Bond has been labeled a male version of. I will throw Tom Hardy, Henry Cavill, James McAvoy, into the pot of potentials.
Old 20-06-2021, 11:25 AM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

James McAvoy ... hmmm .. good actor but Bond needs to be taller IMO.
Old 20-06-2021, 11:58 AM
TrevorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Tucker View Post
James McAvoy ... hmmm .. good actor but Bond needs to be taller IMO.

NAh !! not really they make Mr Cruise look taller in all his movies and McAvoy's the same height a Cruise