Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 09-06-2021, 03:53 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Some seriously selfish individuals

These people should have the book thrown at them.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/coro...20210609:mad2:
Old 09-06-2021, 04:14 PM
Pepper (Steve)

Yeah the fools travelled through country nsw. We have done well out this way so far with minimal cases only to have these two morons jeopardise that.
I’m also expecting my son to come down from qld over the holidays, hope that still happens now.

They need the book jammed up the grinner.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:56 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

Contact tracing details for Qld: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condit...ontact-tracing

I wish I could say I was surprised that someone would do that, but I don't have that much faith in people to do the right thing...
Old 09-06-2021, 05:00 PM
glend (Glen)

It only takes one.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:21 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

Not to mention the three who went from Vic to Sydney to fly to NZ and thankfully got nabbed and taken to quarantine by the kiwis and hopefully come home with a two weeks of HT hole in their pockets plus a fine. And then if there is any justice, two weeks more in quarantine here.

I hate to say it as a Victorian but we are starting to look less like the unlucky cousins in Aus with regard to COVID and more like a bunch of selfish mongrels who don't care if someone else has to deal with our mess, so long as we get what we want.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Stonius (Markus)

They should close the borders when there is a hotspot. And I say that as a Victorian.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:08 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post

I hate to say it as a Victorian but we are starting to look less like the unlucky cousins in Aus with regard to COVID and more like a bunch of selfish mongrels who don't care if someone else has to deal with our mess, so long as we get what we want.
I wouldn't be too harsh on your state mate, it's been happening throughout the country since day 1... Everywhere else has just got lucky on the status of those who didn't spread something... Arguably, the same in relation to hotel quarantine incidents... We've all had them... Breaches or otherwise
Old 09-06-2021, 07:47 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

I am not under any illusions that a large part of the trials and tribs in Vic over the last year are down in a fair part to bad luck in the face of something no one alive has confronted before.

What leaves me livid is selfish mongrels who leave Melbourne under a “don’t leave home” lockdown and have a holiday like tour the length of NSW while they have symptoms, then continue it in Queensland before finally getting a test, and turning up positive. Just like the bloke early in the current outbreak who went about his business for a week with symptoms before getting a test, having passed it on to at least one customer!

Or the buggers who drove from Melbourne to Sydney during lockdown to get on a plane to NZ, because there were no flights from Melbourne, lockdown and NZ pausing travel from from Vic and all that.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:18 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
What leaves me livid is selfish mongrels who leave Melbourne under a “don’t leave home” lockdown and have a holiday like tour the length of NSW while they have symptoms, then continue it in Queensland before finally getting a test, and turning up positive. Just like the bloke early in the current outbreak who went about his business for a week with symptoms before getting a test, having passed it on to at least one customer!

Or the buggers who drove from Melbourne to Sydney during lockdown to get on a plane to NZ, because there were no flights from Melbourne, lockdown and NZ pausing travel from from Vic and all that.
Yeah mate, I hear you but, Victorians are hardly unique in this behaviour nor do I think large numbers of Victorians doing it... I think it just gets the big headlines because because of the ****ty outcomes... makes you guys a soft target for a media who loves headlines

However, I did ask my wife why these individuals can't be discretely marched around the corner & be despatched?
Old 09-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Alchemy (Clive)
Quietly watching

Words can’t describe the dumb actions of some. They won’t be punished by authorities because if they do people will be less likely to get tested…. They will just ride out the virus and infect more people.

I saw this coming in the last COVID thread and apologised for the actions of dumb victorians…… see I was right 😒
Old 10-06-2021, 03:10 AM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

It puzzles me that we don’t see the photos or read the names of these offenders while we do see all the gory details of bikers, hoons and all sorts of other people arrested around the country. Why are we so delicate about these selfish, reckless and potentially dangerous people?