Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25-01-2022, 07:01 AM
jonathank

This is the end of the StellarCAT... and the beginning of the Wildcard GOTO controlle

Gary Myers (StellarCAT) is retiring and this is the end of the ServoCAT which equips most GOTO Dobsonian telescopes around the world.

Gary Kopff (Wildcard Innovations) manufacturer of the Argo Navis will take over and will propose the Wildcard GOTO controller.

Having met Gary K. in 2007, the Argo Navis was already a great success and still is.

It is certain that this new system will be highly anticipated by many astronomers.

" Wildcard Innovations will be introducing a new advanced servo motor GOTO controller.

A release date is yet to be announced.

Recently Gary Myers at StellarCAT has announced that he will be retiring and that StellarCAT will soon cease production of the ServoCAT GOTO controller.

We wish Gary Myers all the best in his retirement.

Wildcard has had a close working relationship with StellarCAT over many, many years.
We co-developed the "ServoCAT" communications protocol and closely collaborated on the development of advanced features such as SmartTrack.
This feature allows Argo Navis and ServoCAT to track solar system objects, including man-made satellites, in real-time.

In discussions with Gary Myers, we have been aware of his pending retirement for some time and the plan had been for Widcard to make a new GOTO controller available seamlessly once the ServoCAT ended production.
However, the ongoing global semiconductor supply crises has resulted in a delay in those plans.

The Wildcard GOTO controller incorporates state-of-the-art electronics and advanced features.
It is compatible with existing servo motor installations.

Manufacturing of all our products is at a state-of-the-art facility in Sydney, Australia.

We hope this announcement will alleviate some concern as to the availability of servo motor GOTO controllers for telescope owners.

We will make further announcements in due course.

Best Regards

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
sales@wildcard-innovations.com.au "
Old 30-01-2022, 08:30 PM
Daz_za (Darren)

I’m pretty excited about this. Argo Navis is a quality product. So I’m pretty sure we are going to get an awesome system - Aussie made and designed. How good is that!
Old 01-02-2022, 02:20 PM
Rainmaker (Matt)
Strictly Visual......

Great to see Gary and Wildcard stepping up to the plate !!
Old 01-02-2022, 04:57 PM
Roger Davis

First time here in more than just a long while and saw this post! Well done mate!!
Old 05-02-2022, 01:23 AM
netwolf

Congrats Gary, and i still remember you going out of your way to help me figure my old DSC (which was not even one your units). This combo might just make me rethink buying a big light bucket again, especially with your support behind the drive system.